Thank you for being part of AANAConnect. We have established these participation guidelines to ensure a positive experience for everyone and to help you make the best use of this resource. AANAConnect provides a medium to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to review the guidelines to understand what is expected of you and your peers in this environment. Above all, while AANAConnect offers an open, engaging and enjoyable environment, keep in mind that it is part of your professional association. We expect you to demonstrate the highest ethical standards in your participation. We always welcome your questions and comments at email@example.com or by phone at 800.768.1880.
Your decision to participate in AANAConnect indicates that you have read and accept, without limitation or qualification, this Code of Conduct. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible and can be held personally liable for your Postings and agree to abide by the following:
- Post messages only to the most appropriate discussion forums based on content.
- Don't attack. The communities are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Contradictory opinions are welcomed, but always be thoughtful and respectful rather than sensational or angry.
- Post a message to an entire discussion forum only when it contains information for everyone's benefit. Messages like "Me, too!" should be sent to the individual using the "Reply to Sender" link.
- Make your subject line as concise and specific as possible. This makes it easier for people to respond appropriately and to search the archives by subject.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the list," through the eGroups. Instead, use the to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Please refrain from posting any material that could be viewed as offensive to any group of people or organization.
- Don't post messages that you wouldn't want traced back to you. AANAConnect maintains a permanent record of your posts.
- Do not harvest e-mail addresses or other personal information from AANAConnect for commercial use.
- Do not post commercial messages, including solicitations for money, goods or services for charitable purposes or private gain.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Do not submit any Postings that violate or infringe upon the rights of others or that you do not have the right to make available. This includes material that constitutes an invasion of privacy or infringement of publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works thereof, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right-holder.
- Do not submit any false, misleading or fraudulent Postings.
- Do not use AANAConnect to communicate with potential participants in formal research of any kind, including market research, surveys, or academic studies without prior approval of AANAC.
The Legal Stuff
- This site is provided as a service for the members of the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC). AANAC is not responsible for information posted on this site by others. Members' opinions are expressed strictly in their individual capacities, and not as representatives of AANAC.
- We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AANAC or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AANAC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site. You must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such content.
- By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AANAC the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
- AANAC may monitor AANAConnect, although we have no obligation to do so. We do not pre-screen or regularly review posted content, but reserve the right to remove at our discretion any content that we believe violates this Code.
- We strictly prohibit defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive and illegal content and actions.
- All postings, commentary and messages are subject to libel, slander, copyright and antitrust laws.
- We reserve the right to disclose any posting and the name of its original poster when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime or other violation of law; to enforce the AANAC Code of Conduct; or to protect your rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of the AANAC Entities or others.
- Participants are required to provide complete and accurate information when they register for AANAConnect, including their name and verifiable e-mail address. If there is a substantive change in your registration information, you agree to update your information. You may not transfer your account to others without permission from AANAC.
- We reserve the right at our discretion to suspend or terminate AANAConnect access to participants who we believe have violated this Code.
Violation of the Code of Conduct
We will investigate any complaints of possible policy violations that come to our attention and take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing content and terminating accounts and/or subscriptions. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right to take no action.
If you see what you believe is inappropriate content in the discussion forums, resource libraries or member profiles, notify AANAC immediately by clicking on the "Report Inappropriate Content" link or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any materials published in the Community infringe the copyrights of others, please notify us by e-mailing email@example.com.
We will adhere to the following "Three Strikes" Policy outlining consequences for participants who violate the Code of Conduct:
- Upon the first violation, the participant will receive a written warning from an AANAC staff member.
- A second violation will result in a three-month suspension from AANAConnect.
- A third violation will result in immediate and permanent suspension of all AANAConnect privileges.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
Policy on the release of member information
AANAC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to benefit the public and advance the nursing profession by AANAC's mission to improve the quality of care for residents/patients by providing health care professionals with accurate and timely information, education, networking and advocacy related to clinical assessment and completion of federally mandated instruments. From time to time, AANAC partners with other nonprofit organizations, for profits organizations, agencies, regulators, media and others. AANAC has determined that by sharing the following information about its members and RAC-CT certification holders AANAC will be able to further its mission:
- Whether the person(s) has ever been Certified by AANAC, and the date awarded that status.
- A first and last name.
- An e-mail address.
- A home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town with zip code.
- The phone number(s) of the person(s).
If lists of RAC-CT certification holders or AANAC members are provided in fulfillment of such requests, the effective date of the information will be included on the list. AANAC may provide information other than that listed above to government/regulatory agencies employers and others solely to allow for the proper identification of person(s) associated with the requesting agency. AANAC will respond fully to any appropriate request for information from any governmental unit or agency. If a member has a change to its personal identifiable information they should go to AANAC web site and find the membership info section to change h/er profile.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.