Due to the high volume of email generated from AANAConnect, some email service providers (ESPs) incorrectly identify the email as spam. While we do everything possible to ensure strong deliverability rates, it is sometimes necessary that you add the AANAConnect email addresses to your "white list" (this tells your ESP that we are approved senders and not spam). If you stopped receiving email from AANAConnect, this is the first and most critical step to take to ensure our email can be delivered to you.
What is a white list? A white list is a list of email addresses or domains that you want to receive emails from. By adding an address or domain to your white list, you are telling the email system not to filter email from that address or domain. Follow the appropriate instructions below for the email service provider you are using to add us to your white list and to ensure that you receive our emails.
Organization email address:
If you use your work email address, such as email@example.com
, you will need to work with your IT department or vendor. Please ask them to add firstname.lastname@example.org
to your organization's "white list."
You will need to add our two emails, DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org and email@example.com, to your AOL address book. Here’s how to do this:
- From your AOL email inbox, click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load.
- Once loaded, cut and paste DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org and firstname.lastname@example.org into the Other email field.
- Make our address the Primary Email address by checking the associated check box.
- Click the Save button.
If you are already a subscriber but our email isn’t getting through, our e-mail may be in your Aol Spam Folder. Please use your web mail to check your Spam Folder. If our email is in your Aol Spam Folder, open our email and click the This Is Not Spam button. Lastly, please add DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org and email@example.com into your Address Book as outlined above.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect AANAConnect email into your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click on "Mail Options" (upper right hand corner).
- Select Filters.
- Click the "Add" link on the filters page.
- Update the "From Header” rule with the following two pieces of information: "contains" and DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the "Choose Folder" pull-down menu and select “Inbox”. Pick the "Add Filter" button.
If our emails are ending up in your Yahoo! “Bulk Folder”, please open the email and click the "Not Spam" button. Next, check to see if DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org or email@example.com is in your "Blocked Addresses" list. If you see DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org or firstname.lastname@example.org on this list, select it and click the "Remove Block" button. Finally, please set up a filter as outlined above.
- Please add DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org and email@example.com to your Gmail contacts list. To add us to your contact list:
- Click "Contacts" along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click "Add Contact".
- Copy and paste DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click "Save".
- Repeat steps 2-4 for the email address and firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to check if AANAConnect email is in the "Spam" folder:
- Click “Spam” along the left side of any Gmail page.
- If you see any AANAConnect email listed among the messages in this folder, check the box next to our email.
- Click the “Not Spam” button along the top.
Please add DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org and email@example.com to your Safe Senders list. To add us to your Safe Senders list:
- Open your mailbox and click "Options" (upper right hand corner).
- Click the "Junk Email Protection" link (top of page).
- Select the "Safe List" link (second from bottom).
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the dialog box titled "Type an address or domain".
- Click the "Add" button next to the dialog box.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the email address DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org.
If AANAConnect email is in your “Junk Email Folder”, open the email and click the "Not Junk" button. Next, check to see if our email address is in your "Blocked Senders" list. If you see DoNotReply@connectedcommunity.org
on this list, select it and click the "Remove" button. Finally, if you have not done so, add these two email addresses to your Safe Senders list as described above.